Deliverability is a team sport. Email Service Providers like Resend are only as good as our senders. In order to provide all our senders with the best deliverability and inbox placement, we enforce rules and guidelines to limit usage that would jeopardize the deliverability of all of our senders or simply break the law.
With that in mind, there are some types of sending that is simply not allowed and will not be tolerated. The following policy will clearly state which uses of Resend are not acceptable.
We reserve the right to terminate your account at any time for violation of the provisions of this section. Depending on the severity and your cooperation, we will try to work with you before any disruption.
Refunds will not be issues for breaches to our Acceptable Use Policy. Additionally, once emails have been sent, refunds will not be issued for partial quota usage.
Appropriate Sending Statistics
In addition to the content guidelines above, all email sending must meet these sending statistics:
- Your spam complaint rate must be lower than 1 in 1,000 emails (0.1%). If you exceed this limit your account might get paused while we work with you to figure out what’s going on.
- Your bounce rate must be lower than 10% of all emails sent. Anything higher than that and inbox providers will start to think that you’re sending to poorly qualified recipients.
Prohibited Sending Purposes
- Spamming: You are prohibited from sending mass, non-personalized, unsolicited messages without prior consent.
- Phishing: You are prohibited from sending fraudulent emails posing as someone you aren’t that attempts to steal information or trick recipient into undesired action.
- Illegal Activities: You are prohibited from sending anything promoting or containing illegal activities.
- Low Quality: You are prohibited from sending messages that result in high bounce or complaint rates.
- Malicious Content: You are prohibited from sending messages that intentionally tries to attack, hack, or malign, including but not limited to distributing malware, viruses, or compromising code.
- Harassment: You are prohibited from sending messages our email service to harass, intimidate, or threaten any individual or group.
- Interference: You are prohibited from sending messages in a manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair Resend or any other service.
Prohibited Sending Content
- Emails offering to sell illegal goods or services
- Emails that violate CAN-SPAM, GDPR, or any local laws or regulations
- Pornography/sexually explicit content
- Escort services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Gambling services or products
- Multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes
- Get rich quick opportunities
- Credit repair and get out of debt opportunities
- Short-term / payday loan services
- List brokers or list rental services
- Selling “Likes” or followers for a social media platform
- Other emails that we find, in our sole discretion, hurt our reputation or our deliverability
Appropriate Mailing Lists
All mail should be sent to recipients who gave you approval (opt-in) to send to them.
If you send to unsolicited recipients, you are required to also:
- Include a valid address and company name in the email
- Explicitly disclose why you are contacting the recipient
- Provide a frictionless way to opt-out (unsubscribe) and honor their wish within 7 days
- Be confident that your message provides them with value
- Utilize their company/organizational address instead of their personal address
- Follow any and all applicable laws and regulations
Prohibited Account Usage
Users are expressly forbidden from creating or using an account or multiple accounts with the aim of circumventing any quotas or limits imposed by our service.